Saturday, December 27, 2008

Winter Wonderland

We had a great holiday season and an especially fun Christmas. My little monkey is just old enough that he likes opening presents, loves Santa Claus, and really loves playing in the snow. The picture above is the monkey right before going down our homemade snow hill in front of our house. 

The little monkey loves the snow and will keep playing in it for hours, until you make him come inside. Our dog also loves the snow and I like to watch him hop around in it like a giant bunny. He also likes eating it.

On Christmas Eve we went over to Grandma's for some tasty fondue, a Christmas pageant, and our traditional ride to look at Christmas lights. My little monkey thought he was the star of the pageant.

Here is Mr. Tigger and my little monkey opening up a Thomas the Train movie, which has been playing continually at my house ever since.

Santa brought my little guy a mini guitar so that he doesn't have to borrow mama's anymore. It doesn't sound as good, but monkey doesn't seem to mind.

Monkey also got one of those old-fashioned viewers in his stocking and absolutely loves it. He gets to look at pictures of the Incredibles and Clifford, which he thinks is awesome.

Don't worry, Santa didn't forget the dog. 

On Christmas we went over to Mr. Tigger's parent's house for lunch, more presents, and a rocking good time. Gotta love that rock band.

And, after all of that holiday partying, we were pretty tired so we all went to bed. Monkey has a new big-boy bed that he loves, although I'm not sure how he fits in it with all the animals that also have to come.

8 comments:

The Jungle Explorer said...

Tiesha said:

Looks like you all had a great time! The little Monkey and his cousin need to play again! :o)

Candace said...

I love Utah Christmases, so white and pretty. It looks like you guys had a fun time. My sister got guitar hero and I got to say it is a little bit addicting, even for the worst of us. Hope all is going well. I love that you are an avid blogger now, it's nice to hear what's going on with you guys.

The Jungle Explorer said...

The Shepherds said...

Hey,
I'm glad I just happened to check PHS blog. It's good to see you and Tigger after all this time. Tigger and I were in the same stake as youth (he's such a good guy), and of course you are one of my kindergarten buds! ha ha! Haws told me you were expecting again. Congrats! Your little guy sure is cute too!

Rachel Moulton (Shepherd)

The Jungle Explorer said...

Emily said...

Hey! It was fun to hear from you! Your little boy is so cute! I hope hope hope (that is a triple hope, very serious) you are moving to Washington in a few months--please let me know. I am hoping that the snow melts here soon--there was daylight for a few hours yesterday and we were super excited. I think we'll like it--probably more than St. Louis where we just moved from. Keep in touch!

The Jungle Explorer said...

Jaime said...

Hey,

You have an adorable family! I am so happy to have found your blog so that I can stay updated! I miss talking to you and all of our interesting high school conversations!

The Jungle Explorer said...

Okay, so I promise that I'm not just posting a bunch of my own comments. I just had to edit the comments that were posted because they contained actual names and I'm trying to avoid that. Don't want some creepy showing up at my door now do I?

The Jungle Explorer said...

Jess Hammond said...

I see your bloggy! Nice to see you.

[Morgan] said...

hey! i saw your link on the PHS blog. you look great and i loved your jungle analogy! fun to see you!