Sunday, February 8, 2009

Changing of the Guard

So, I guess that we are officially changing our colors, at least for two years. Mr. Tigger got accepted to the University of Utah's Physician Assistant (PA) program on Friday and, after some deliberation and prayer, we've decided that it's the right place for us. So, if you see a little more red around our house for the next two years, please don't stone us. We aren't evil and we haven't crossed over to the dark side. Not yet anyways.

However, I should mention that during the big game we'll still be wearing blue. And for those of you who may call us traitors I would just like to point out that BYU doesn't have a PA program and the U of U has the only PA program in the state, so we really didn't have a choice.

So, we are very excited right now. I'm excited that I don't have to move with a two-month old baby. Mr. Tigger is excited that he got into the 4th best PA school in the nation. (Did I mention that I'm super proud of my husband right now?) I'm excited that we don't have to try and rent out our house. Mr. Tigger is excited that school is going to be a lot cheaper now. And we're both excited to stay near our families. Oh, and Mr. Tigger is excited that he gets to grow a beard now - at least that's what he thinks.

6 comments:

bunnie said...

I vote no beard

Emily said...

Congratulations on the U! It sounds like it will be great for your family (and I don't blame you for not wanting to move with a little baby).

BusyMama said...

Woohoo! What a relief! He got in to so many schools, holy cow! That's certainly something to be proud of. Just to warn you, Bryant did the same thing, didn't shave for weeks and I finally had to tell him not to touch me until he took care of it. He's doing better now. I think he just had to get it out of his system. :)

Candace said...

Wow Congrats, that is awesome! Don't worry the stoning doesn't officially start till football season, that is when the true colors come out, J/K. I am so excited for you guys. It is so nice that you don't have to move and to stay close to family and all.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That worked out so well for you guys. And yeah on no moving, we're having to start dealing with that and I'm not excited. I'm guessing it was worth waiting a year to have it work out so well!

alex said...

Congratulations. I know that's what you were hoping for.