Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bad Day for Bumps

I was reading one of my friend's blogs and was inspired to write about my little Monkey's day today. Now, all kids get bumps and bruises - everyone knows this, but my Monkey has been especially good at getting them today. Just today my little guy has: ran into the corner of the counter, tipped over a chair while standing on it and scratched his face on the desk on the way down, ran into the corner of the counter, hit the door with his face or vice-versa (I'm not sure how this one happened, but I was asked to kiss it better), and ran into the corner of the counter. They just don't make counters for people his height. The sad thing is that I'm only halfway through the day.

Since Tigger has spent the day away at an interview for PA school in Idaho, when he returns he is sure to think that I have been beating our son. For the record, I have not beaten my child. I have put him into time-out a few times, but that's it. I don't even spank him. 

5 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Monkey is at the terrible Bumps by the billions age! Just be grateful he can talk well enough to explain his owies. The outpatient once got two black eyes, two days apart. I didn't dare leave the apt with him until they finally cleared up. Even then, a lady cutting his hair questioned him VERY thoroughly, and thank goodness he was such an excellent conversationalist.

alex said...

I remember C at that age. He ran into a table eye first at a friends house. A few days later his big sister decided to cut his hair. He really looked like a mean little kid.

Anonymous said...

Aubrey bashes her head into something at least twice a day! I hope his Idaho interview went well, is that a top choice for you guys?

The Jungle Explorer said...

We like Idaho better than Virginia, just because it's closer.

Anonymous said...

Poor Lil Monkey that's not fun!
Hey,don't forget to go to my blog (if you haven't already) and vote on what you think our baby's going to be. :o)

Tiesha