Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Are You Cheap?

You might be cheap if...

  • You wear a shirt until there are actual holes in it - and you aren't counting the teeny, tiny ones.

  • You still wear the same green gym shorts you got in high school, despite the fact that they were too big in the first place, your mom keeps asking if you have any other shorts, and your sister has threatened to come take them from your house and burn them because you keep telling yourself that they're comfortable and they're only gym shorts, right?

  • You keep the plastic bags from Walmart and use them to fill your trash cans and are constantly trying to think of other things you could use them for.

  • You think hand-me-downs are a gift from You-Know-Who.

  • You were thrilled when you found five pairs of pajama pants that are only slight too big at your last Enrichment table-swap.

  • You think paying for TV is a sin and still use rabbit ears.

  • You planted a garden full of vegetables and insist on eating them, even though you don't really like vegetables. (I know, I know, how can I not really like vegetables and be a vegetarian? The answer - I really, really like fruit and grains. I'm actually a frugrairian.)

  • You became estatic when Walmart started putting their brand (GoodValue) in all that white packaging. No more searching through the items on the shelf, those white boxes and cans jump right out at you.

7 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

I just thought at the store today that I think those plain white packages are UUUUGGGLY-

Cheap- Cheap- Cheap- I- am not cheap, and thus you become the beneficiary of my not cheapness- sometimes cheap is smart- other times it is annoying

Bunnie said...

You said it, not me. Love Mom

BusyMama said...

I must be cheap too. :)

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

By the way- frugal sounds much better than cheap.

And- Smith's Kroger Brand packaging looks suspiciously like Wally's generic- and they all hit the shelves at about the same time- hum- me thinks they are the same stuff-

The Jungle Explorer said...

No need to sugar-coat something like cheap with the word frugal. Let's just call it as it is.

alex said...

Reduce, reuse, recycle. Very trendy in this recession. The old saying ( not sure if pioneer or from depression) was "use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without. "We still use ( and waste) way more than other countries. Btw- I love hand me downs and I didn't know they came from Voldemort?

Bunnie said...

are you a veggie person to be cheap? (bids)