Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy New Year!

Okay, so I know that it's not New Year's, but I've decided to pretend that it is. After talking to my sisters, my niece, and my mom over the past week I've decided that we need to have a new New Year's. We all said that we haven't been eating healthy food like we should, working out as much as we should, and we all wanted to get back on the wagon. So this morning I grabbed the reigns and started driving this wagon. Feel free to jump on in and ride with me.

This morning I did the P90X Chest & Back weight lifting routine and then the Ab Ripper routine with my husband. It hurt...a lot, but we've decided to keep going. (I'm sure Mr. Tigger will be able to lift up his arms in a few days or so.) For the next 3 months we are going to be treat-less, exercise-crazed, crazy people. I'll post my stats throughout so that everyone can see that I'm not sitting on my tush. I would post pictures, but that would violate my extreme sense of not showing my unclothed body to anyone for any reason whatsoever. I might show some before-and-after pics of my hubby (with his permission) so that you can motivate your hubbies if you so desire.

So if you have gotten into a summertime slump and needed a little nudge to start eating healthier and exercising more, here's your nudge. I'm sending extra nudges to my sisters, my niece, and my mom - start counting your points, go for a run, pick up a weight, and for the love of healthy bodies, put down that chocolate bar!

4 comments:

Jess Hammond said...

get it, girl!

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Okay- I am game- not for p90x- I am not a massachist yet- but I promise to break out the 30day shred! I just realized- for real- that I have not eaten today. That is one of my biggest problems-

The Jungle Explorer said...

You should probably work on making eating a habit. It is essential to survival you know.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

I am aware- but the day gets away from me before I know it- bad me- bad, bad me. I did eat- finally. just not breakfast of lunch-