Sunday, September 12, 2010

Derailed

So, I've been a little derailed from my exercise program. It started with horrific pain in my mouth which led to a root canal a few days later (super fun let me tell you). Then Mr. Tigger brought home a lovely virus from the clinic. He got really sick and got little monkey sick as well. Less than a week later the little Panda and I followed suit. Needless to say Mr. Tigger and I haven't been working out.

Well, the sickness is leaving. I only cough and sneeze every once in a while and I can finally breathe using both nostrils. And I'm feeling well enough to exercise again. So, the question arises of what to do. Do I get discouraged and boot my exercise program to the curb? Do I get upset that I haven't stuck to my program religiously and completely start over? Or do I just pick up where I left off?

I used to get upset over not following a program exactly and always start over. Over the years I've changed my mind in this respect. I've decided that it's best to just forget my mistakes and keep going. You get more done that way. (P.S. This also works well when reading the scriptures. That way you don't have to read 1 Nephi a million times and never get to the rest of the scriptures.)

So, I've made some mistakes and missed some workouts, but I'm just going to forget about it. After all, tomorrow is another day with no mistakes in it.

4 comments:

Jess Hammond said...

I am an EXPERT on first Nephi. I'll be danged if I can tell you much about Abinadi though.

Master Gardener said...

I love that about tomorrow doesn't have any mistakes in it. I read somewhere that a pilot doesn't turn around and come back if he gets off course he just adjusts to get the plane back on the right course. I have to think about that alot because I am one that would like to just start over if I haven't done things exactly how I think I should, but like you say progress comes slower if at all that way. I am sorry you all have been sick and very glad you are on the mend.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

drailed? D-railed? deerailed? detrained- lol- that one is funny.

K- well- here is where we pick ourselves up by the bootstraps- or shoe laces, actually- dust ourselves off and start up again.

Sorry you were all so sick- that is really yuck

BusyMama said...

Yuck. Hang in there, you've done it before, you can do it again!