Monday, September 12, 2011

Kindergarten!

My baby has started school! It still kind of boggles my mind a bit that I have a child old enough to go to school, but I do. Monkey was ecstatic to start kindergarten. He loved buying school supplies and visiting his classroom. He loves the school, the playground, and the school bus. He loves everything about school, which is a good thing. I just hope he's this excited once he gets to junior high and high school.

I wanted to start a tradition to help the kids be excited about going to school each year so I decided to throw a Back-to-School Bash the night before school started. The kids loved it. We had fun food, balloons, slap bracelets, fancy hats, and even goblets.

We also unveiled the theme for the school year: "Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration." ~ Thomas Edison (I was mostly going for a work hard type of theme.)

There were lots of smiles around the table, including this boy's.

Panda was particularly interested in the good ale.

The next morning this monkey was excited and couldn't wait to get on the bus.

I'll admit that I was a little apprehensive about Monkey riding the bus.

He wasn't nervous at all, only excited. 

So there you have it, my baby has officially had his first day of school.

3 comments:

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

There is no way that little monkey is that old already. I swear I just put my oldest on the bus for the first time just last year (or maybe 17 years ago)-- augh. Before you know it- he will be married.

Munchy's Mama said...

You are so cute with your lil' Back to School Bash.
I can't believe you have a Kindergartner either. They grow up so fast!!

The Shepherds said...

I love the whole theme for the school year. What a cutie!