Monday, September 5, 2011

Stewart Falls (Catching Up)

This summer we went on one of the most beautiful hikes that I've ever been on. If you haven't hiked to Stewart Falls, I suggest that you put it on your to-do list. It's not an overly strenuous hike (my 2 year old can do it), most of it is in the shade, the hike itself is breathtaking, and the destination is memorable.

This is near the start of the hike. The trail is great, you're in the shade, and it smells like the mountains. (I love the smell of real pine trees.)

Hydration is critical.

Our lunch spot.

Stewart Falls - We're pretty high up here so you can't tell how big the falls really are. They keep going down quite a bit and they look a ton bigger in person.

An ice cave at the base of the falls.

Panda enjoyed throwing snowballs in July...wouldn't you?

We even made a snowman.

I think they were a little tuckered out after such a big hike.

No comments: