Summer fun continued in August with time in the pool, playing on the playground, camping, playing outside, and ice skating? Panda loves to ice skate so we take her on occasion. The only weird part is when you leave the rink and step into 90 degree weather.
We had another Back to School Banquet to mark the return to school for Monkey. This year we went with an Olympics theme for the party and chose our family's theme for the school year: Faster, Stronger, Smarter. After the banquet we took the kids outside to participate in a little family Olympics with sprint races, skill tests, and water sports.
Monkey is in the 1st grade this year which means all-day school. I'll miss his cute personality throughout the day. We ride our bikes to drop him off in the morning, which will continue only until it gets too cold, and the girls love riding in the bike cart. Monkey has had a fun summer full of park playing, bike riding, swimming, hiking, and camping.
Panda is going to miss Monkey now that he is back in school. They have had a lot of fun playing together. Panda enjoys everything that is active, and she is quite adventurous. She isn't scared of anything besides bugs.
Mouse is still as cute as a button. She got a new helmet this month and is enjoying the extra room. She loves to swing, she enjoys baths but hates swimming pools (I think they're too cold), and she loves to laugh.
August 2013:
I love the summer, so I'm always sad to see the end of August because it means fall is on its way. It also means that my little Monkey goes back to school and that we don't do quite as much stuff outside. This August we spent plenty of time outside.We had fun at Grandma Bunnie's impromptu party, complete with bounce house. Who needs an actual reason for a party anyways, we sure don't! The kids also had fun rock climbing, playing with cousins, swimming at 7 Peaks, etc.
We also had our Back to School Banquet. This year we had Mary Poppins as our surprise guest. She let us know the family theme for the year: In Every Job that Must be Done, There is an Element of Fun! Plus she led the family in a march around the yard, taught umbrella twirling, helped shoot confetti, and did a little magic. It was so much fun! (My kids still aren't quite sure if Mary Poppins was me or not.)
Monkey is headed into the 2nd grade and is smart as a whip (whatever that means). He's excited for school and to see his friends, although he's a little bummed that summer vacation is over. He has enjoyed swimming and camping with his daddy.
Panda started up soccer this month and she's a natural. She runs up and down the field kicking that ball like crazy and she loves it. She scored a goal in her first game and was so excited.
Mouse loves being outside and running around. She'd run all day if I let her. Mr. Tigger keeps wanting to put a pedometer on her to see how many steps she takes in a day because she is going from the minute she wakes up until bedtime.
Mr. Tigger had fun camping this month and I had fun with another surgery (my third of the summer). I got to have my expander put back in and now we just need to stretch out that skin graft until it matches the other side. I was excited because I got healed up enough to go on three runs before I had this surgery and was back to doing nothing.




No comments:
Post a Comment