Sunday, March 15, 2009

Do They Fit?

It's been 2 weeks since I gave birth and I'm pretty sure that my uterus is done doing its magical shrinking act and since I've lost so much weight and girth I decided to unknowingly inflict some cruel and unusual punishment upon myself - I tried on my pre-pregnancy jeans, or at least I tried to try them on. 

The first pair, and yes I tried more than one, the first pair refused to go on all the way. I struggled and shimmied to no avail - the jeans were not going to go on over my butt. The second pair I tried on were a little bit better. I was able to get them over my butt and, after lying down on the bed and sucking in, I was even able to get them buttoned and zipped up. However, when I stood up the effect was not overly becoming. Think gigantic, fluffy muffin-top. 

So, as I told my mom the other day as I kneaded the doughy mass that I currently call stomach, "I guess this is mine to lose." I won't receive any more help from my magical uterus. There aren't any more babies that are going to pop out and help me drop 8 pounds. And I'm pretty sure I've lost the excess water.

On the bright side I do have the ability to lose it. The baby is out and I'm ready to go. Yesterday I played one-on-one with Mr. Tigger for about 30 minutes and, despite the huffing and puffing and gasping for air, I felt pretty good. It just felt good to get outside in the sunshine and be active. 

I know that certain people will hate me for saying this, but I actually look forward to losing the weight. I love being active, exercising, lifting weights, etc. It makes me feel good about myself, plus it gives me the little bit of extra energy that I need to keep up with my little monkey and stay awake long enough to feed my mysterious bump in the night. 

So, while I sit in that awkward stage where I can't fit into any of my pre-pregnancy pants and feel incredibly uncomfortable wearing maternity pants, I'll keep you posted of my progress towards fitting in, and actually looking half-decent in, my jeans. And in the meantime, you'll be seeing me in sweats.

6 comments:

Emily said...

What you need is the pair of jeans from the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. You know, the ones that fit every body no matter what? Wouldn't that be nice. I love the running and the lifting weights and all that too--I don't think you're that weird. I just can't wait for it to warm up so I can exercise outside again!

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

you are a silly girl! You should wait for the JEAN FIT until the 2 month mark- Just because you never have to over bake your babies doesn't mean you are going to get away with loosing the weight early too! LOL! Sorry we didn't make it over- WAY bummer, but we were a bit occupied at the rink. We will be out again soon- of course :) Cousin Middle can't wait to get her hands on that baby again.

BusyMama said...

I'm groaning right now just thinking about what you're going through. Why do we do this to ourselves???

Anonymous said...

The fact that you could even get your jeans past your knees 2 weeks later is awesome. I literally could not pull any of my pants higher then my calves for MONTHS! I know you're a determined person, so I'm sure you'll be rocking your old clothes soon!

alex said...

Jeans? They never fit right away. At least you can wear some normal clothes- and not maternity. I'm so sick of wearing the same thing.

TerriLyn said...

Great post... the funny thing is that I did the same thing...tried on my pants after just a few days after having my baby! I'm so dumb. It has now been almost 2 months since Savannah was born and there is STILL no hope for my jeans going on! I've got to get my rear in gear! You've got me motivated!