It's time to get busy. It's been 4 weeks tomorrow since I've had my baby and it's time to stop looking like a marshmallow - at least not as big of a marshmallow. The Self article promises results in 4 weeks, but if you notice, they don't say what kind of results. I doubt that in 4 weeks, my stomach will look like the one to the left. But, hopefully it will look better than it currently does.So, I've decided to try and post something about fitness every Friday - hence the title of my post. I figure that this will be more beneficial to me than anyone else. First, I think that it will be a nice reminder for me to get my butt in gear. Second, it will be a nice way to hold myself accountable in a very public way.
To get myself started I got on a scale (ouch) and took my measurements (ouch again) and I've figured that I have 15-20 pounds to lose, but more importantly, I have about 12% of body fat to get rid of. Weight is relative and I hate thinking about how many pounds that I have to lose, because it doesn't necessarily work that way. You get rid of pounds of fat, but you also should be replacing it with pounds of muscle. So I prefer body fat percentage.
So, it's time to get started. Feel free to comment on what you're doing to get into or stay in shape. This week I'm focusing on cardio. I plan to do some yoga and humiliate myself by going running.
1 comment:
You are so funny! I'm going to humiliate myself tomorrow morning by going running too. The first time since my bundle was born! I'll be glad to see your reminders every friday because I'm trying to loose the fat too. Your kids are sooo cute!
Post a Comment